Mariah Carey and Bone Thugs N Harmony
Sooooooo, when I thinking about starting a blog, a friend of mine (Kristy D.) jokingly asked if it would be about Mariah Carey and/or Bone Thugs N Harmony. See, if you have known me for a long time, you would know that I USED to be a huge Mariah Carey fan and a big fan of hip-hop/rap music. I will say that some old habits die hard and yes, I do indulge in this music every now and then...much to my husband's dismay:) I thought it would only be appropriate to make one of my first post about these musicians and provide you with some humor. Let's start with MC. I have been a fan of hers since the beginning...I am talking all the way back to "Vision of Love". I think I was 12 or 13 when she first came onto the scene. I just loved that all her songs were basically love songs AND the fact that she had an amazing voice. I will admit that I do have most of her albums.....probably all of them excpet the Glitter album. Even though I have sold many of my old CD's at yardsales, I just "Can't Let Go" of any of hers. Granted she has changed her image through the years and has had her ups and downs, I always find myself defending her music in conversations with people...crazy I know, but I do still enjoy her music. There is no denying that she is talented. period. I always said that if I ever became a famous singer, I would name MC as my inspiration. Funny how musicians have such influence over you when you are young! Moving on to Bone Thugs N Harmony.....Well, all I can say is my parents never knew I listened to this music as I cruised around Wilson with my friends back in the younger years! I am not sure why I was drawn to their music. Maybe it was the fast rapping.... or maybe it was the beats... or maybe it was the challenge of trying to figure out what they were saying. Regardless, BTNH are a small part of my past. Their songs do bring back funny and awesome memories from hanging out with my friends back in the day. East 1999, First of da month, thuggish ruggish bone~that is for you KHG and TBB:) Oh! and the best was when MC did a collaboration with BTNH! 1998-MC Butterfly Album Breakdown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment